Top Social

Beauty. Lifestyle. Motivation.

Empties #1: What I'm Buying Again

Friday, April 1, 2016
Josie Maran Argan Oil Light, Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundations, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, REN Radiance Perfection Serum, MD Solar Sciences Sunscreen

Josie Maran Argan Oil Light. I have the regular Josie Maran Argan Oil as well, which I like to use during the winter time, but I love using the light one during the spring and summer. The oil almost feels weightless on your skin and it seeps right in after a few minutes. A little goes a long way with this product. You dispense the oil onto your hands via a dropper and dab one drop of the oil onto each area of the face and then pat it in. If you’re concerned about how this will affect your makeup, no need to worry. This formula actually inhibits sebrum production and is great for people whose skin is on the oilier side.



Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation. This medium-to-full-coverage foundation is super blendable and provides excellent coverage if you have hyperpigmentation from acne scars. I really like to use Truffle on the darker areas of my face and use a lighter foundation on the lighter areas and make sure that I blend the harsh lines from the two foundations out with a beauty blender to create a seamless transition.


NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. This is the first concealer that hasn’t disappointed me. I have dark circles under my eyes and would be upset with concealers I’ve used in the past because I was never provided with the coverage I needed. Of course, now I know that if I used a color corrector before the concealer I probably would have been singing a different tune. However, this NARS concealer cuts the color correcting process out of my routine because the coverage is that good. It lasts well throughout the day and doesn’t leave you with ugly creases under your eyes. Also, if your under eye area tends to get a little dry, this concealer won’t make it worse and could actually be hydrating.


REN Radiance Perfecting Serum. I love to use this in my morning routine. It has this citrusy scent, it has citrus and fruity ingredients in it, that may turn some people off especially those who aren't fond of products that contain fragrance. It has a liquid consistency and all you need to do is apply a thin layer to your face. After three weeks, I noticed that my dark spots were gradually getting lighter and my skin slowly, but surely becoming more even.

MD Solar Sciences Mineral Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UVA/UVB Sunscreen. This sunscreen changed my life. I know that you’re like, “Ugh. Another beauty blogger. Another holy grail product.” But, hear me out. I don’t think there’s such a thing as a holy grail product because realistically, some products just don’t work well with everyone. Everyone’s skin type is different and they all have their separate needs. But, this product was literally sent down from heaven for me. When I was using other sunscreens before, my skin would always get super oily because they were too thick and my makeup would start moving around. This was even happening when I was using a mattifying primer over it and I was going through blotting papers left and right. I received this sunscreen about a year ago from Birchbox and after a day of wearing it, I didn’t have to touch up my makeup once. My makeup looked like as if I just applied it. I’ve been using it ever since and it has been extremely useful. Also, I don’t feel the need to even use a primer with this sunscreen because it has the same texture of a primer and works a lot better than most primers under makeup.
Post Comment
Post a Comment