Top Social

Beauty. Lifestyle. Motivation.

Saturday Swatch: Spring Time Love with Lorac Love, Lust & Lace

Saturday, April 16, 2016




Last weekend, I went to the mall with my friends and I guess you can say I got a little carried away and went on a spending spree. Once you see me take a basket or bag that is stacked on top of each other at the entrance of the store, you know I mean business. I can literally spend three hours at Ulta surveying only one quarter of the store because I want to make sure that I don’t miss a thing while shopping. Anyways, there's a Nordstrom Rack in the mall that I went to and I always love finding high end skincare and makeup products for a discounted value. While I was doing my usual browsing I came across the LORAC Love, Lust & Lace Full Face Collection that contained the Love, Lust & Lace Eyeshadow Palette, Front of the Line PRO Eye Pencil in Black, Cobra Mascara and Alter Ego Lip Gloss in Stunner and Harlot and it was selling for a modest price of $24.97 (the original price was $42).


SOLD!


I've never tried LORAC’s products before, but I’ve heard a lot of great things about. The main thing that really sold me out of everything in the collection was the palette and it sure didn’t disappoint when I ripped open the box barely five minutes after we walked out the store. I’m definitely more of a neutrals girl, so I was instantly hooked.  The only thing that wasn’t really neutral was Devotion, which is this dark blue shimmery color. It definitely made me curious to see what it would look like on me because I feel as though that blue is definitely a hard color to pull off for most people and it kind of reminds me of 80s beauty and I was just not about that life. However, it’s becoming trendier in recent months and I actually did a tutorial recreating Lupita Nyong’o’s Star Wars red carpet look where she wore this really beautiful pigmented metallic blue lip color with this blue eyeliner and eyeshadow. I thought it was an interesting color to put in a palette that was more conservative side, but I think that the color will definitely will work well with the others.

Top to Bottom: Love, Crush, Amore, Lust, Devotion, Infatuation and Lace

When I first did the swatches of the palette I never realized how pigmented and rich these colors were. I was definitely in awe and had Drake’s Hold On We’re Going Home playing in my head while taking this photo. The only color that's pretty hard to see is Lace, but that’s because it’s really closer to my skin tone and I didn’t want to brighten up the photo too much because it would definitely affect the colors of the other swatches, which I didn’t want. When I do take photos of my products I try to make sure that the colors are as true to what you see in the palette. I always hated when I saw photos of a lipstick color or foundation color on Instagram and then be disappointed that it wasn’t the true color that I saw.


I will have to say out of all of them, Crush, Amore, and Lust are my favorite ones. Crush is a gold tone, but more on the pale amber side. It’s definitely unlike my other gold eyeshadows where it’s clearly a rich shimmery gold shade. But, this one is more on the subtle side for everyday wear. Amore is a beautiful copper tone, which is going to be a bit tricky to wear since I dyed my hair and the color looks similar to the palette. But, I may definitely try definitely try to smoke it out with Infatuation to see how that would look like. Lust has a mixture of pale silver and gold tones which is definitely a shade that would work as an everyday shadow. The color is diversive enough to be worn with anything you wear, which is great for days when you’re in a rush, but want any eye popping color.


Overall I’m fully satisfied with this purchase and I’m really impressed with this beautiful palette. Now excuse me while I go act like a 12 year old girl and play with my new goodies.
Post Comment
Post a Comment