Top Social

Beauty. Lifestyle. Motivation.

Simple Tips To Increase Your Productivity

Thursday, April 7, 2016
How to increase your productivity



Sometimes it’s hard to figure out the best mix of what we can do to stay productive. I’m still trying to figure out some tricks that works best for me. But, over the past couple of weeks I’ve discovered some ways that dramatically increased my productivity. Check them out below and let me know what you’ve been doing to get your work done.


Find a comfortable space. I’ve realized that I can’t get too much done while I’m in my apartment. Part of the reason why is because my heater is wonky and it makes it too hot in there and I have too much at my disposal to distract me. My kitchen just screams “food” at me and I'll somehow make an excuse to cook a five course meal (it happened many times before). I love going to a coffee shop or spending some time in this lounge that not too many people know about on my campus. It kind of takes the pressure off on what I have to do.


Schedule your tasks by an allotted time. Have you ever had so many tasks that you had to accomplish and by the end of the day you’ve realized you only did one or two of them? Now think back to earlier on that day. Could you honestly say to yourself that you were productive during every hour of the time you were doing work? Probably not. I’ve found that when I looked at my to do list and blocked out a time frame of when I should have a specific task done (ie. Work on blog post between 2pm-4pm), I was able to get a lot more done because I challenged myself to set frequent deadlines throughout the day.


Wear comfortable clothes. I don’t know about you, but I work my best when I’m in looser clothes. I don’t want to keep thinking about how my waistband is cutting off my air circulation. It’s just unnecessary and it just makes me less focused on work and more focused on finding a more comfortable position. There’s something that about the constriction of the clothes that makes me feel like it hinders my creativity.


Sip some tea or coffee. I’m a huge tea fan, which isn't really common in the U.S. Everyone's such a huge coffee drinker, but all I feel after drinking coffee is bloated and jumpy. I always find that when I drink jasmine green tea or even chai tea makes me instantly feel less tense. I know a lot of people who drink coffee who can’t begin to even start their day without have a cup of coffee and I think I can say the same for tea.

Try meditation. I’ve been using the app called Calm for the past three weeks and it has completely transformed my productivity. I originally started doing the 7 Days of Calm, which consisted of beginner exercises focusing on the breath and training your mind to become more focused. Also, it has these different sounds that mimic the scene that they display and you can choose from over 20 you can choose from. For example, I love the scene that shows you a close up of leaves hanging off a tree and it’s pouring rain. The guided programs only takes 10 minutes and I find it to be more useful in the morning before I start my day, so that I’m not as tense throughout the day. But, you’re not limited to the guided programs. You can choose to meditate however long you would like and set a timer that will alert you when your meditation is over.
Post Comment
Post a Comment