Top Social

Beauty. Lifestyle. Motivation.

How to Cut Down Your Makeup Clutter

Friday, August 5, 2016

I’m a stickler for organization when it comes to my beauty products. Especially when I’m dealing with makeup and skincare that I use on a daily basis. I try to make sure that most of my items have a home, so that I don’t end up spending more time looking for my products than actually applying them. Check out how I cut down my makeup clutter no matter where I am!


At Home


I’m very into acrylic containers for makeup storage. It makes it so much easier to see what makeup that I do have and organize my collection of lipsticks accordingly. It’s also great to have aesthetic-wise for my dresser. I felt like my four makeup bags were taking up too much space on my dresser and was forgetting what makeup I even had in the first place since they were all just jumbled up together.

I’m so glad that I invested in these cosmetic organizers and it didn’t even break the bank either. The whole set, which included the lipstick organizer and drawers costs $20 at Bed, Bath & Beyond! You can also find these for a major steal at HomeGoods as well.


On the Go


I’m a major bag lady and will take things that I don’t even need with me when I'm running errands because in my head anything can happen. I mean you never know if your train will end up being delayed for two hours and you’ll be so happy that you brought those five magazines with you to pass the time. However, I only carry a few makeup items with me when I’m going out for the day which are pressed powder, lipstick and lip liner for reapplication. I love this little makeup bag that I got from Clinique as a free gift. You can actually stick more in there if you get a little creative. It’s just the right size for my tote and I won’t have to worry about shuffling through my bag to find them!


Vacation


I remember when I went on a family vacation as a child to Florida and my sister brought some of her favorite perfumes along with her for the trip. After we checked into the hotel and went to our room, my sister opened her suitcase and it smelled overwhelmingly like floral and citrus scents. She then realized all of her perfumes broke and left an overpowering smell on her clothes. This is why I make sure that all of my liquid products are protected and are in plastic. I love these Glossier pouches! They’re lined with bubble wrap, which makes it virtually impossible for any of your liquid products to spill or break. Also, you can’t go wrong with Ziploc bags either. They’re the best for any getaway. I just make sure that I place the bag with my products in them in between clothes to add a little cushion to them. This makes it less likely for any spillage to happen inside the bag.


Post Comment
Post a Comment