Top Social

Beauty. Lifestyle. Motivation.

Backseat Beauty: How To Get Glam On The Go

Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Benefit POREfeshional, Estee Lauder, NARS Concealer, Clinique, Honest Company, L'Oreal Cushion Foundation, NYX,


I’m guilty of being a shower hog and sometimes I will literally stand in the tub with the hot water running contemplating life and thinking about weird alternate scenarios that happened in the past that I know could never happen. For example, just this morning I was reflecting on why didn’t I record the paranormal activity that was going in my old Long Island home and submit it to Ghost Hunters because I’m pretty confident that my Furby was possessed? Anyways, my thought process will go on for about a half hour until I come back to reality and realize that I only have an hour to meet my friends at a restaurant and I know traffic will be jam-packed. Since I didn’t have too much time to prep beforehand I’m going to have to take my essential makeup with me on the go to put on in the Uber. Check out how I got glammed up one stoplight at a time.

Hop in the Uber at 34th St 8th avenue: I always start with putting on hand sanitizer. You don’t know who was riding in the back of the car before and what their hygienic habits are like. The thought of the bacteria lurking on the seat and door handle in New York City skeeves me out. You don’t want any of it to transfer to your cosmetics or your face. So, sanitize accordingly.


33rd St: I know it’s going to be along night, so I want to make sure that my makeup will last. I like to rub in some primer on my skin for smooth application when I’m applying my makeup and to make sure that it doesn’t slide off throughout the night (The Benefit POREfessional Face Primer, $31 at sephora.com).

31st St: I'm so excited to see brands create foundation products in a compact form that would make it easier for me to touch up my skin while I’m on the go. It also comes with a cute sponge that makes applying and blending my makeup that much easier.  (L’Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation, $16.99 at ulta.com).

28th St.: My dark spots are still showing up a little under my foundation, so I’m going to dab a little concealer on them and blend it in with my fingers (NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer,  at sephora.com).

26th St: I'll definitely not even attempt to fill in my brows with a pencil because that would it would take five minutes for each brow. Instead, I’m going to fill them in with a brow mascara to expedite the process while making sure that they look full and bold (Nyx Cosmetics TInted Brow Mascara, $6.99 at ulta.com).

23rd St: I like my lashes the way they are, but I kind of want them to stand out a little bit more since I’m not applying any eyeshadow. I like using a volumizing mascara to help lengthen and add more drama to my lashes. (Estee Lauder Sumptuous Infinite Daring Length + Volume Mascara, $27.50 at sephora.com).

14th St: I love using creme blushes because they can double as a lip stain, which nixes out the need for a tube of lipstick and saves time (Honest Company Creme Blush, $22 at honestbeauty.com).

8th St: I like to set my face with a pressed powder to keep the shine away and use it as an extra barrier make sure my makeup stays in place all night (Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Makeup, $27 at macys.com).

Canal St: Get out of the Uber looking glammed up.

What are some of your backseat beauty essentials?
Post Comment
Post a Comment