Top Social

Beauty. Lifestyle. Motivation.

April Wish List: The Glistening Baby

Saturday, April 2, 2016



Have you ever wanted to walk outside in the sun with glistening makeup all over your face and people become so captivated by your luminous presence that they stop and stare as if there was a bright white light shining behind you and a halo fades in over your head like an angel? But in reality, they're thinking in their head how ridiculous you look doused in shimmering product from your forehead to your neck looking like you literally took a powder puff and blopped it onto your face like the scene in White Chicks. I think we would rather have them think the former, of course. I’ve been really into shimmer popping products lately and I could probably say that my BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector highlighter is kind of the equivalent to my gateway drug into dazzling my skin into sheer sparkling heaven.


There’s one look that I would like to achieve this year, which I like to call the glistening baby effect. Not so much a baby, but more of a four-year-old’s soft, supple hyaluronic acid poppin’ skin that looks as if they patted on argan oil on their face, but they actually just woke up like that. I want my skin to have that same finish, not so much looking like a four-year-old child, but I want that glimmer. I’ve selected seven of my most wanted items for April to get that glistening effect. Of course, not wearing them all at the same time (but really).


bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Chase Your Dreams ($18). This lipstick is so bomb for spring. It’s supposed to leave your lips with this ultra pigmented, satiny finish that gives them a bigger and plumped appearance.


Black Radiance Artisan Color Baked Bronzer in Blackberry ($5.29). Honestly, I was drawn to the color swirl of this compact and the color just looked like it would give your skin a very toasty look. You have the option to use it dry to get a more subtle effect or wet if you’re looking for a more intense finish to slay the game.


Cover FX Enhance Click in Candle Light ($18). Initially I was drawn to this product because it made a clicking noise and it looked like it was fun to play with. The other reason why I want it is because I love the color and knew that this would make you look like bronzed goddess.


Colourpop Eyeshadow in Sunset Blvd ($5). Once I saw that it gave a pearl finish I was instantly sold. No explanation necessary.


BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blush in Dahlia ($34). Their shimmering highlighter originally pulled me in, so I’m not expecting this blush to disappoint me. Also, I think this color would look so beautiful on darker skintones.


Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24 Hr Concentrated Crayon in Gold Rush ($5.99). This eyeshadow looks like it’s rich in pigment and would love to see how it holds up throughout the day and night.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Kristen ($16). If you asked me two years ago if I would ever lip glosses again, I would say definitely not. However, I’m really loving this collection of lip colors and it doesn’t seem to look like it will give you that obnoxious globby finish that used to be my lip gloss of choice during my pre-teen years. I’m currently trying to repress that memory.
Post Comment
Post a Comment