Top Social

Beauty. Lifestyle. Motivation.

Saturday Swatch: All Glowed Up

Saturday, March 26, 2016




Benefit High Beam Highlighter and BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal

So, I’m a little bit late to the highlighter game. I only recently nailed contouring this past December and already thought that my highlight and contour was already on point. I didn’t think I needed an extra highlighter at all. If anything, I would just go into my Naked 2 palette and take one of the shimmery pink shadows and dust it along my cheekbones. I just never thought it was necessary. But, then I saw this Instagram video of Kamila Bravo using the Benefit High Beam liquid highlighter and every preconceived notion I had about highlighters became completely irrelevant. I’ve never seen someone’s skin glow as prominently as her’s did after she put it on. I mean just look at that execution.

Swatch of Benefit High Beam Highlighter and BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal
Top: BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. Bottom: Benefit High Beam Liquid Face Highlighter)
Of course after watching that magic happen, I skipped over to Sephora and I bought it on the spot. The Benefit High Beam Liquid Face Highlighter is a beautiful pink liquid highlighter that leaves this beautiful icy silvery glow after blending it in. I would have to say that less is more if you're going to use this highlighter especially if your skin is deep like mine since it could make you a little bit ashy. I think it blends a little bit easier and gives a more natural finish if you use a damp beauty blender. When I first used it all I could remember was wondering why and how did I ever underestimate the power of highlighters? It gave me the Victoria Secret Angel glow. I was hooked.

I’ve been hearing a lot buzz surrounding BECCA’s highlighters, specifically the Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop. I did a swatch of it in the store and thought it was a beautiful color, but I found myself more drawn to Opal. It wasn’t until I went home to try it on that I immediately understood what the hype was about. BECCA’s highlighters are extremely pigmented and rich so again, less is more in this situation. But, my goodness. When I swiped this on my nose and cheekbones with an angled brush, I just wanted to cover my whole face with it and walk around snapping selfies of my skin’s glow. Of course, I probably would never do that because I would look like a vampire from Twilight, but you get what I’m saying.  I really loved the golden tone for this one because I have golden undertones in my skin, so it really complimented my complexion really well.


Needless to say, both of these highlighters will do wonders for your complexion and really take your makeup (and selfies) to the next level.


Do you have any products that changed the game for you?
2 comments on "Saturday Swatch: All Glowed Up"
  1. I really want to try Opal! I have the Poured version but actually ended up getting Champagne Pop because the Pressed version of it was unavailable for age :') I love Champagne Pop but Opal is just that perfect everyday colour! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I always like to dust a little bit of it on my nose and cheekbones if I'm wearing minimal makeup that day just to brighten up my features and look more vibrant!

      Delete