Top Social

Beauty. Lifestyle. Motivation.

Navigating The Summer Skin Melt

Wednesday, June 8, 2016



Despite the great temperatures and sunny days, I sometimes loathe the summer since it always has been such a major problem season for my oily skin. The mixture of sweat and excess oil turns my face and my makeup into a complete mess. I’ve been struggling for years to find out the best way to take care of my summer skin woes and I think I finally found the right combination of products that took care of them instantly.


Clay Masks/Cleansers


I like to use a quarter-sized amount of Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Mask as a face wash three times per week and as a mask treatment if I really need the oil to soak up. Unfortunately, it seems like it’s being discontinued since I can only find it on one site, but Fresh has launched an identical version of it called the Fresh Umbrian Purifying Mask that has the most of the same ingredients in the same order. Mainly it has the four ingredients that were found in the original which is umbrian clay to purify and clarify the skin; sandalwood oil to calm the skin; chamomile flower and lavender water to sooth the skin; and live leaf extract to restore suppleness and protect the skin against free radicals.


Gel Moisturizers


The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel is my go-to moisturizer for the summer months. It's super lightweight and has hyaluronic acid in it, which is beneficial to the skin since it really locks in that moisture after applying. What’s great about this product is that it instantly absorbs into the skin rather than just sits on top and find my skin to be extremely soft especially after putting it on right after a steamy shower.


Mattifying Setting Spray with SPF


Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist With Rosemary gives you the best of both worlds. It gives me a super natural mattifying finish and provides sun protection. If you’re big on suncare like I am, you know that you have to reapply sunscreen every two hours, which can be annoying if you’re wearing makeup. This setting spray is great for when you need another application and comes in travel friendly sizes that you can stash in your purse.


Oil-Free Sunscreen

I went through a lot of trial and error to find a sunscreen that wouldn’t break me out and kept me shine free all day long. Many sunscreens that claimed they were oil-free just didn’t work for me. Right now, I’m using the Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen With Cellular Response Technology that's extremely lightweight and doesn’t leave a white cast on my face. It’s not greasy and instantly sinks into my skin when I apply it, which is an added bonus if you’re waring makeup over it.
Post Comment
Post a Comment