Top Social

Beauty. Lifestyle. Motivation.

Your Rainy Day Music Festival Beauty Guide and Tool Kit

Monday, June 6, 2016

Yesterday I went to the Hot 97 Summer Jam music festival, which was the most exciting yet exhausting experience I’ve had in a long time. Long story short, my friends and I were stranded at a bus station because the concert was pushed back to start two hours later from its’ original time and cancelled the festival performance that we were on line for because of the bad weather. I knew that it was going to rain while I was at the concert, which is why I planned accordingly to make sure that my look was weatherproof before I left my house.



Primer

I refused to let my makeup budge yesterday considering it was definitely one my favorite looks by far. I used primer on my face and eyes to keep it all in place because the last thing I needed was my makeup sliding around.



Creams Over Powder

I went for a cream eyeshadow instead of powder eyeshadow for a lasting look; although, I did use a powder to smoke it out to add a bit of drama to my eyes. Powder shadows could eventually fade throughout the event, but I knew that using a the darker shadow would have a harder time going away. If you really want to make sure your eye makeup doesn’t budge, lightly dust translucent powder on top of the shadow.




Waterproof Everything

Racoon eyes was definitely a look I wasn’t going for and made sure that I used waterproof makeup to keep it in place all night long.



The Half Top Knot
I adore the messy half top knot trend and couldn’t have thought of a better time to rock this look than yesterday.  I made a part from ear to ear across the center of my head and brushed my hair up making sure I didn’t leave out any flyaways. I made sure I didn’t forget to use holding spray to keep the those flyaways in check! I then twisted the top section and wrapped it around securing the look with bobby pins.


Setting Spray
A setting spray is something that I like to spray on for a little bit of extra precaution to keep my makeup in place especially for an event like this.


Fill In Your Lips With A Lip Liner
I honestly don’t want to be concerned with reapplying lipstick while I’m at a concert, so I made sure that I filled in my lips with a lip liner that was similar color to my lipstick color to make it last without too many touch ups in between sets.

Beauty On The Go Tool Kit

Sometimes Mother Nature is unpredictable, so it’s important to be extra prepared if your makeup or hairstyle unravels from the humidity and rain. These items are small enough to fit in your purse and will help you with any predicament in case your look doesn’t hold up.


Small Comb/Brush
For touching up and keeping your hair from being a tangled mess.


Q-Tips
To clean up any spillage from your lipstick or eyeliner.


Foundation In Sample Pots
In case your makeup gets destroyed from the weather.
**These sample pots, like the ones from Sephora, will be able to hold enough foundation for an emergency application.


Makeup Sponge
For touching up your foundation.


Compact

To powder your T-Zone when your skin gets too oily.

Post Comment
Post a Comment