Top Social

Beauty. Lifestyle. Motivation.

The ONLY Lip Scrub and Lip Balm You Need For Moisturized Lips

Wednesday, January 20, 2016



I feel as though I have almost tried every drugstore lip balm on the market right now. No matter what I couldn’t get rid of the dryness that haunted my lips. Every time when I tried a new product it was another disappointment and I threw it in a bag with the rest of the rejected cosmetics that I swore myself off of thinking that there was no hope until this past Friday when I went to Lush. I’m going to be honest, I only heard about Lush only recently which was shocking to me because I’m always surfing the internet learning about what are the latest products on the market. So the fact that I didn’t recognize the name until one of my friends brought it up last year was a bit embarrassing to me. I did some shopping on Friday in the city to shop the sales that were currently going on at my favorite stores. Feeling confident after leaving with my Cookie Lyon fur vest that I bought at Zara for $39.99 (originally $99.99), I strutted down the street feeling victorious with my recent purchase and noticed that Lush was across the street. My mom deposited money for books on my debit card the day before, so of course I rationally thought that it wouldn’t hurt to spend another $60 of the money since I didn’t really plan on purchasing some of the books anyway because most of my teachers referred to them in the PowerPoint, which they posted online.



I walked into the store and it was magical. I thought the bath bubble sculptures were food for a second and almost ate them until I read the fine print. It was a heaven that I would wish upon all beauty lovers in the world. I now understood the hype. A bubbly sales associate showed me the Mint Julips Lip Scrub (that’s edible by the way) and Lip Service Lip Balm, which was one of their sellers. The lip scrub comes in a small round jar that where lip scrub is almost packed down. It feels like it’s solidified, but the castor sugar on top is very loose which isn’t a surprise considering that’s characteristic of very fine sugar. The peppermint smell instantly sold me before I even tried out the scrub. After dipping my finger into the scrub and rubbing it on lips, I found the scrub to be not super irritating or too rough that would irritate my lips. The very fine texture of the sugar was gentle enough to exfoliate my lips without stripping it too harshly. The lip balm comes in a small circular container and smells almost like skittles to me. It literally melted into my lips and felt so buttery. There is shea butter and cocoa butter in the balm, which is probably one of the reasons why my lips feels so hydrated. On a whim I said why not and bought both the scrub and balm to use in conjunction before putting on my lipstick. I have never used a lip balm that lasted for so long. Yesterday, I put the lip balm on before my lipstick at 8:45am and at 6:30pm without touching up it still felt softer than ever (there was also a blizzard outside and the temperature was 17 degrees and I was extremely impressed that it held up through that mess). Also, I only touched up my lipstick once yesterday, which is another perk that came with this amazing balm.


Overall, I am throughly impressed by the formulas of both the scrub and balm. It’s all natural meaning that there isn’t any petroleum in it which I believe what was the ingredient in the other lip balms that I used that made my lips look so dry. I never thought that I would see the day that the disappointment is over…at least for my dry lips concerns. I placed them with the rest of the products on my beauty shrine and put my lip balm filled reject bag away and pumped my fist in the air like Judd Nelson did at the end of The Breakfast Club.

1 comment on "The ONLY Lip Scrub and Lip Balm You Need For Moisturized Lips"
  1. Hey Dana love your content first time it i read your post !
    I saw so much review about that product and i still prefer to make my own it take a bit more time for sure ! But i can make sure that all ingredient is organic.
    Cheers !
    I also have right a couple of post my self to help out other people
    Feel free to have a look at my --> BLOG

    ReplyDelete