Top Social

Beauty. Lifestyle. Motivation.

Sick Day Makeup Tutorial

Monday, January 18, 2016

When I’m sick, there’s nothing more that I want to do than curl up in my bed makeup free with a cup of green tea while wearing sweats and watch Lifetime movies all day. Of course, I am not able to do that when I have class or I have pre-arranged meetings to go to where I like to look like a person.

I take a lot of pride in my appearance meaning that it’s very rare for anyone to see me without looking at least semi-acceptable based on the standards that I have set for myself. This applies even when I’m sick since I look noticeably a lot worse than normal. I don’t spend time caking my face in dramatic makeup when I’m feeling under the weather, but I do like to make sure that I brighten and highlight areas on my face that catches the light to make my face look less drowned out. So, I thought I would share a couple of my makeup tips when I’m sick in the video below! I hope you enjoy!


                                                            Sick Day Makeup Tutorial

Steps:

1. I used Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Truffle and applied it with a buffing brush from Real Techniques to make my skin more even. I prefer using this buffing brush when I’m applying liquid foundation because I am also able to stipple in the foundation to create a more a full coverage look. 

2. I applied NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Amande under my eyes with a small foundation brush by Real Techniques to provide more coverage. This concealer is super creamy and doesn’t crease, which makes it excellent for days when you are out all day.

3. I applied a loose powder in translucent honey from CoverGirl with my Beauty Blender to bake the concealer. 

4. I decided that I wanted to brighten up my eyes a little bit more so I decided to go for my Naked3 palette and used my e.l.f eyeshadow brush and applied the color Mugshot on my eyelid. 

5. I then used Trick from my Naked3 palette and lined my lash line with a Real Techniques detailer brush instead of using an eyeliner to really make my eyes appear bigger.

6. I then took a large powder brush from Tarte to brush off the excess loose powder.

7. If there’s one thing you can take away from this video is the importance of making sure your eyebrows are on point. They frame your face and can really bring your whole look together. I applied Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse in Rich Brown with my Tarte double sided brow brush to fill in the sparse areas in my eyebrows.

8. I used the The Benefit High Beam Liquid Face Highlighter on my cheekbones, nose, forehead, cupids bow, and chin to brighten up my face. This highlighter is absolutely amazing and gave me such an amazing glow. NOTE: After making this video I found that the highlighter blends in a bit better when you use it after you apply your foundation. Once your foundation sets, it’s a lot harder to blend in especially if you have dark skin like I do which can make your face appear ashy. 

9. I used the Benefit They’re Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara on my top lashes only because it probably would have smudged throughout the day if I applied it on my bottom lashes giving me dark circles that I already covered up with the concealer. 

10. I then took my Maybelline New York Baby Lips Moisturizer Lip Balm in Quenched to prep my lips for my lipstick.

11. OPTIONAL STEP: While the lip balm is working its’ magic I decided to play up my eyes a little bit and do a cat eye. So, I placed two pieces of tape on the outer corner of my eye and used this Precision Liquid Liner by e.l.f to create the look. I am in love with this liner’s brush. You have so much control over the strokes you make whether you want to create a more cuddle look using thinner strokes or you want to create a more dramatic look using larger strokes.

12. I decided that I wanted to go for a bright color, so with Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Liquid Lip Potion in True Liar which is this really beautiful and highly pigmented purple shade.

13. To set the look, I used Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in Stay Brandy.
Post Comment
Post a Comment