Top Social

Beauty. Lifestyle. Motivation.

Saturday Swatch: Spring Time Hues

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Okay. I admit it. I’m a complete lipstick addict. It’s very difficult for me to go anywhere without wearing some form of lip tint or lipstick and not feel exposed. It’s not that I would completely cry and break down without it, but I love when I am able to put on my NARS Audacious Lipstick in Charlotte and feel like the baddest chick in the room. It’s a confidence boost and an aesthetic that I believe brings my look together even when I’m wearing minimal makeup (that and doing my eyebrows). 

Spring is around the corner, which is completely laughable, anyone from the Northeast would understand, because the weather for the past few weeks have been completely unpredictable. But, that’s not going to kill my lipstick vibe for this upcoming season. I love to dabble in bright lipsticks particularly pink hues to bring out my feminine vibe that also brightens up my complexion. 

(From the top: Coffee Bean (Revlon), More Chocolate (L'Oreal), Chocolate (Revlon), Chilly Chili (Colourpop),  14 Light Rosewood (Make Up For Ever), Mink (Revlon))







Since I have dark skin, I look for pinks that have brownish undertones to compliment my skin tone. Many of my pinky hues are drugstore brands from Revlon and L’Oreal that I absolutely adore. There’s something about Revlon’s Mink and Coffee Bean lipstick that just gets it right. I originally saw the Mink color in a video of a YouTube couple I watch regularly, Jamie and Nikki. If anyone watches their vlogs, you know that Nikki has such this beautiful deep, poreless and radiant skin. In one of her videos, she spoke about how she wore Revlon’s Mink lipstick and I immediately raided every Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid for that lipstick because it looked completely flawless on her. I love Colourpop’s Chilly Chilli and Make Up For Ever’s in 14 in Light Rosewood, which are gorgeous colors that are a little bit deeper that I absolutely love. These are matte lipsticks, so I always make sure that I use a sugar lip scrub and lip balm before I put on these lipsticks otherwise every crack and peel is going to show up. Trust me. You don’t want to have a Goldmember moment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/hefe88/goldskin.jpg
Revlon's Chocolate and L’Oreal's More Chocolate lip liners, which are on the brownish side with pink undertones that are completely gorgeous. They’re a little dark, but I don’t mind wearing them as liners for my lighter pink lip colors or by themselves. 

What are some of your favorite spring time lip colors? 
4 comments on "Saturday Swatch: Spring Time Hues"
  1. Loved reading this post! I've been loving Colourpop's Tulle lately, I think it's a shade that looks great on everyone, and is perfect for spring! ♡

    Evelyn | BeautyCloud9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. I like to use it with a dark plum liner and blend for subtle ombre effect! 😊

      Delete
  2. I love these kinds of shades :) Light Rosewood and More Chocolate are my favourites! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete