Top Social

Beauty. Lifestyle. Motivation.

Shea Butter: My Key to Moisturized Skin

Monday, February 23, 2015
The weatherman saying that it is cold outside is an understatement. I honestly feel like every time I walk out of my apartment I am stepping into the Arctic Tundra. I have Caribbean blood and I am not equipped for this type of weather. One of the worst things about this weather, next to hypothermia, is dry skin! It is certainly not cute to see a layer of ash on your skin. So, when this time of year rolls around, I like to stock up on my most prized ingredients: Shea Butter. Out of every moisturizer I use on my body, nothing has come close to locking in moisture like Shea Butter. It has this thick texture that melts at body temperature making it ideal for those who have trouble with dry skin because it really locks in the moisture. It is also my favorite thing to put on my feet at night since the heels and the bottom of your feet are one of the most neglected areas on your body. Just slather some on the bottoms of your feet and place a sock on them overnight while you sleep, and it will feel like velvet. I am currently using Suave Smoothing Body Lotion with Cocoa Butter and Shea and so far it has been keeping the dry skin at bay. Another brand that I would definitely recommend would be Shea Moisture products. Their products smell amazing and based on my experiences they always deliver the results that they promise.

Try:


Suave Smoothing Body Lotion with Cocoa Butter and Shea ($3.49)




SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Body Lotion ($9.99)






1 comment on "Shea Butter: My Key to Moisturized Skin"
  1. Hi Dana! Thank you for sharing these two types of lotion. I come from a city where is much warmer and more humid. That is why I could not get used to the weather in Syracuse and started to use lotion every night. Could you recommend me some lotions that are less oily but still moisturizing enough? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete